Boot hangs on ips0: resetting adapter, this may take up to 5 minutes

Oleg Sharoiko os at rsu.ru
Sun Feb 26 00:59:59 PST 2006

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006, Scott Long wrote:

SL>This sounds like an interrupt routing problem.  The symptoms are similar to
SL>others where APIC-routed interrupts don't seem to make it to the active CPUs,
SL>depending on whether SMP or HTT is enabled or disabled. Maybe John has some
SL>insight here.

So is interrupt routing a hardware or a software issue? Taking into
account that windows 2003 server works fine with ips I'd say that our
particular case is not a hardware issue. If so could you suggest peaces of
code should we look at to try solve this problem?

--
Oleg Sharoiko.
Software and Network Engineer