NAS w/ multipath

Palle Girgensohn girgen at FreeBSD.org
Tue Feb 7 02:21:08 PST 2006

Hi!

I'd like to connect a FreeBSD system to an IBM NAS system, using a
FibreChannel connection. I can find two supported drivers in the system,
mpt(4) and isp(4). It seems to me, none of them supports multipath,
something we need. Is this a false assumption? Are there other drivers that
do support multipath? Recommendations apprecieated.

If not, an alternative would be iSCSI, but I have no experience and it
seems it is hardly implemented at all for FreeBSD, is that true?

Thanks
Palle