Qlogic fibre channel support questions

Tom Samplonius tom at uniserve.com
Mon Feb 6 13:39:13 PST 2006

   I'm planning to buy some IBM servers with Qlogic fibre channel adaptors in
them, and I have questions:

* Does the isp driver support full fabric?  There are some notes in the man
pages that fabric support "..may be contingent upon the correct firmware being
loaded".  Would the FreeBSD ispfw firemware be "correct" for a 23xx card?

* Would booting from a Qlogic 23xx fibre channel card work fine?  I presume they
cards come with a standard BIOS, so this just works?

* There is a noted bug in the isp manpage that the driver can get stuck upon
boot.  I presume this bug is specific to loops, not a fabric?

Tom Samplonius
VP of Technology
Uniserve
604-647-0601