isp issues on recent -STABLE

Eric Anderson anderson at centtech.com
Sun Aug 13 20:17:44 UTC 2006

On 08/12/06 13:01, Matthew Jacob wrote:
> Hmm. I have no special help on this one. This doesn't seem
> *particularly* related to any changes I've made recently.
>
> If you could isolate a date/change when this occurred for you it would help.
>
> All I see in the messages below is indications that we've given your
> storage way too much work to do.

Yea, I think that's all it is.  Once I did less work, the problem went
away, although I still get a lot of warnings from ISP about pretty much
the same thing (so maybe I'm *close* to the line).

Also, I recently booted up 6.1-RELEASE cd with two qlogic 2312's,
installed, and booted up.  After updating to -STABLE, and rebooting, I
either would hang forever (literally days went by), or I resulted in a
panic (when ispfw was loaded).  Once I plugged the hba's into something,
the issues went away.  Only when they were totally disconnected did I
have any issue.

Let me know if you need more info/testing.

Eric