Recommendation for scsi disk array?

Adam McDougall mcdouga9 at egr.msu.edu
Wed Apr 26 21:59:05 UTC 2006

I am setting up two 1U servers to be FreeBSD Postgres servers.
I want to use a 3U SCSI disk array attached to each one for the PG data.
I have 73G hitachi disks already that I want to use to populate 8
out of 16 slots of each of two arrays.  Redundant 120v power supplies
are important, hot swappable would definitely be nice, swappable
redundant fans would probably be good.  I don't really need environmental
monitoring, and I will raid each array using a PCI card (lsi logic) in
each server.

Does anyone have any product/company recommendations, or past experience with a
suitable product or company that hopefully still exists?  Any warnings
or bad experiences with any products out there?  I should purchase soon
and need to work on the product research.  Thanks.