Boot hangs on ips0: resetting adapter, this may take up to 5 minutes

Oleg Sharoiko os at rsu.ru
Thu Apr 6 19:28:08 UTC 2006

Hi, that's me again.

John, I've got more information on my problem:

It looks like the mis-routed interrupt is the one from ips. In my kernel
ips is on vector 49 and bge is on vector 60. I've added

	if (vector == 60)
		vector = 49;

to sys/amd64/amd64/local_apic.c and I have no more interrupt storm until
bge really generates interrupt. Am I right with my conclusion about ips
interrupt being mis-directed to bge?

There's also another interesting point: it looks like ips triggers
interrupt on both vectors (49 and 60 - irq 28 and irq 16). Why do I think
so?

1. ips works fine even when there's no bge in kernel (I suppose irq 16 is
not activated in this case). I suppose this should mean that interrupts
are properly delivered to ips driver.

2. I've added debug printf to bge_intr and in single mode when preemption
is disabled I see exact the same number of interrupts delivered to ips
(checked counters with showintrcnt) and to bge (incorrectly delivered -
bge is not in UP state and bge registers say "no interrupt").

This seems really strange to me, how can this be possible? Is there any
way to fix this?

--
Oleg Sharoiko.
Software and Network Engineer