camcontrol and IDAD0

tonix (Antonio Nati) tonix at interazioni.it
Thu Sep 8 01:44:58 PDT 2005

At 18.41 07/09/2005, you wrote:
Ah, yes.  I believe you've run into a firmware crash.

>Make sure your cards have the latest firmware running.

Is this FreeBSD 5.4 ida driver the latest version or is there any
linux version more updated?

>I've seen cases where hot swapping drives causes the firmware to
>reset and lock up (based on the LED pattern of the diagnostic lights
>on my cards.)
>
>I added command timeout detection to the driver as a means of
>detecting this condition.  I don't have any good leads on
>recovinging from it though as my test hardware failed and I haven't
>replaced it yet.

I can give you full remote access on my machine (using Remote Insight
Card) and you can make what you want (it's a DL360 G1 with a
Integrated Smart Array and double disks; I can add also a 4200
controller if you want).

Tonino