camcontrol and IDAD0

Matthew N. Dodd mdodd at FreeBSD.ORG
Wed Sep 7 10:41:20 PDT 2005

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005, tonix (Antonio Nati) wrote:
> System is continuosly hanging.
>
> This is the screen shot of system hanging, with details on IDAD error.
>
> ida0: soft error
> ida_command: out of QCBsida0: ida_timeout() qactive 256
> ida0: IDA_INTERRUPTS
> ida0:   R_CMD_FIFO: 00000000
>        R_DONE_FIFO: 00000000
>        R_INT_MASK: 00000000
>        R_STATUS: 00000000
>        R_INT_PENDING: 00000000

Ah, yes.  I believe you've run into a firmware crash.

Make sure your cards have the latest firmware running.

I've seen cases where hot swapping drives causes the firmware to reset and
lock up (based on the LED pattern of the diagnostic lights on my cards.)

I added command timeout detection to the driver as a means of detecting
this condition.  I don't have any good leads on recovinging from it though
as my test hardware failed and I haven't replaced it yet.

--
10 40 80 C0 00 FF FF FF FF C0 00 00 00 00 10 AA AA 03 00 00 00 08 00