iSCSI initiator driver beta version, testers wanted

Scott Long scottl at samsco.org
Tue Mar 15 05:46:47 PST 2005

Danny Braniss wrote:
> things are looking much better 2day, got tag queuing to work, and now it's
> much faster.
> Q: how can the driver tell the cam to enable queing (ie: camcontrol tag 0:0:0
> -Nn), and

case XPT_PATH_INQ:
	cpi->hba_inquiry = PI_TAG_ABLE

> Q: is there a rule of thumb as to how many tag'ed?

When you call cam_sim_alloc(), there are arguments for how many
concurrent tagged and untagged transactions the driver can handle.
I don't know how tags work in iscsi, so I can't say what a good
number is here.  Note that tag management is left completely up
to the driver; CAM will tell you whether or not to use a tag for
a particular CCB, but it's up to the driver to assign and track
the tag number.

> thanks,
> 	danny
> PS: soon there will be a new beta, any news with the old one?

Sorry, I haven't had much time to review the old one yet.  Sounds like
you're making really good progress, though.

Scott