SCSI controller recommendation ...

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Tue Jun 14 17:10:08 GMT 2005

G'day ...

   I'm just in the process of putting together a new server ... Intel
SR1400 based, Dual Xeon ... the plan, at this time, is to make this my
first 5.x based box, and am curious as to what is considered a *well
supported and stable* card?

   Two of my 4.x servers are running Intel RAID controllers, and I just
love the storcon CLI, since it provides me with everything I need, from
the command line, to remote admin the machine, minus a set of hands to
swap drives, including the 'real time' monitor of the drives ...

   So, I'd prefer something that has a similar CLI, in terms of
functionality, but I also want something that is going to be rock solid
with the operating system as well ...

  I like the Zero-Channel stuff ... smaller footprint ... since the
motherboard already has the onboard SCSI ... but it would have to be a 0CH
card that works with the Intel SE7520JR2 motherboard ...

  Recommendations?

Thanks ...

----