Supermicro X6DH8-G2 and SCSI timeouts

Giovanni P. Tirloni gpt at tirloni.org
Thu Jun 9 13:26:48 GMT 2005

Giovanni P. Tirloni wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  This motherboard has two Seagate Cheetah disks attached to channel A
> and gives the following message when booting:
>
>  ahd1: Issued Channel A Bus Reset. 14 SCBs aborted.
>
>  It continues for a long time until all SCBs timeout.
>
>  ACPI is enabled but it doesn't change anything disabling it before
>
>  Any idea about what might be hapenning ? This is 5.4-STABLE.

  Damn. I checked loader.conf and it was disabling ACPI. So I forced
ACPI with the following:

   acpi_load="YES"
   hint.acpi.0.disabled="0"

  And booted normally without changing anything at the boot loader.

  Sorry about the inconvenience. And yes, it works and boots very fast.

--
Giovanni P. Tirloni / gpt at tirloni.org / PGP: 0xD0315C26