kern/71778: 5.3 BETA3 doesnt see Adaptec 2015S FW Rev. 3B05, 2 ch, 256 CCBs, Protocol I2O while 4.10-RELEASE can use it

Leroy van Logchem leroy.vanlogchem at wldelft.nl
Thu Jan 20 01:30:33 PST 2005

The following reply was made to PR kern/71778; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Leroy van Logchem <leroy.vanlogchem at wldelft.nl>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit at freebsd.org, Leroy.vanLogchem at wldelft.nl
Subject: Re: kern/71778: 5.3 BETA3 doesnt see Adaptec 2015S FW Rev. 3B05, 2
	ch, 256 CCBs, Protocol I2O while 4.10-RELEASE can use it
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:21:27 +0100

 The raid cabinets are working now using 5.3-RELEASE-p5 after a bios
 downgrade on the servers mainboard.

 I guess it can be closed with the conclusion that if you use Supermicro
 6013-P8 servers with the AIC-7902 (PCI-X) and ZCR 2015S addon you have
 to bring the bios down to version 1.5 instead of 1.6. (Meanwhile we are
 waiting for a reaction from Supermicro about what the changes really are
 in 1.6)

 Thanks to all people who have send my suggestions and tips in general!