LSI 1030, RAID1 unsupported

Doug Ambrisko ambrisko at ambrisko.com
Thu Jan 13 07:03:40 PST 2005

Matthew Jacob writes:
| Hi, Doug!

Been a while ... got any good LSI contacts?

| LSI makes several RAID products- a lot from different companies
| they've bought. The behaviour and quality is quite variable.

Granted, however, the Dell PE2850s at work has the LSI 1030
controller as well.  The firmware is customized for Dell and might
have some other tweaks.  I was trying to highlight that lack of knowledge
of what the controller is doing will skew your results.

Another possibility is that the IBM machine is broken.  I've seen some
strange things that might be due to the Intel 7520 chipset on the Dell
box.  If the temporary interrupt storms I've seen happen then that will
effect disk performance as well.

Doug A.

| On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 12:27:14 -0800 (PST), Doug Ambrisko
| <ambrisko at ambrisko.com> wrote:
| > Roger Marquis writes:
| > |