LSI 1030, RAID1 unsupported

Doug Ambrisko ambrisko at ambrisko.com
Wed Jan 12 12:27:15 PST 2005

Roger Marquis writes:
| On Sun May 23 2004 Scott Long wrote:
| >The mpt and amr drivers are largely unmaintained right now as LSI
| >no longer sponsors an engineer to take care of them.  I'm not sure
| >what else to say about that other than we would gladly accept a new
| >maintainer.
|
| Is this likely to change in the foreseeable future?  I just put
| together an IBM e325 and discovered that the LSI 1030's performance
| in RAID1 mode is abominable (5.3-RELEASE-p4, amd64, with Fujitsu
| MAP3367NCs).

Make sure your system isn't in background init mode etc.  Of course
I don't know how to do this without LSI monitoring utitilies.

Complain to LSI the need for this.  Without the various utilities and
versions with fixed bugs you can't run a reliable RAID (ie. won't
get RAID notificatioin that a drive went away, it is doing a
consistancy check, etc).

The more people that complain then hopefully we can get LSI to fix
their binary only utilities that are required to monitor and admin.
their RAID controller :-(

I messured the amr RAID controller is faster for everything then aac
on the same HW and drives under RAID 10.

Doug A.