Fwd: Recommended RAID controller

KC Somaratne kc.somaratne at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 07:19:48 PST 2005

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 00:14:06 -0700, Scott Long <scottl at freebsd.org> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > With respect to the support for the IBM ServeRAID cards, has there been a change
> > of status since then. I am looking at getting two IBM servers with ServeRAID-6M
> > cards to run 5.3-R.
> >
> > Also, are there any management apps available in 5.3 for the ServeRAID-6M card?
> >
> > thanks n rgds,
> > -kc.
>
> There really is no way to monitor or manage a serveraid card under
> FreeBSD.  IBM/Adaptec seems to have no interest in releasing specs or
> porting their apps, and there is no way to make the linux apps work.
>
> Scott

Hi,

Do I have any other choices of well supported SCSI RAID cards that I
can use on a IBM eServer xSeries255 that you can recommend to use with
FreeBSD 5.3-R?

Thnks in advance,
-kc.
PS: A card that has good management apps support. What is the
management app support for the Adaptec SCSI RAID 2230SLP like?