ips, IBM Serveraid and failed disks

janm-freebsd-scsi at transactionware.com janm-freebsd-scsi at transactionware.com
Tue Jan 4 00:31:54 PST 2005

Hi,

I've been looking at how to detect a failed disk in a machine with an
IBM Serveraid controller using the ips driver.  It doesn't seem to be
supported out of the box, and others seem to have asked this question
in the past without a solution being posted.

How are people dealing with this problem?  Do the users of ips controllers
just check the LEDs on the front of the drives occasionally?

There is a user command ioctl in the source, which I'll try out to see
whether it does what I want.  Has anyone else tried to use it?

Thanks,

Jan Mikkelsen