supermicro 6014H-82

Maikel Lambregts (Silverstreet) maikel at silverstreet.nl
Sun Feb 20 16:12:42 PST 2005

Hi,

We are trying to install FreeBSD 4.10 on a Supermicro Superserver 6014H-82. This server uses the Adaptec AIC-7902 with the 2015s add-on card for the zero raid functionality.

When we start the FreeBSD 4.10 installation (from cdrom) the sysinstall utility gives an error that it cannot find any disks! We also tried it with a FreeBSD 5.3 installation CD, but this one already gives an error while loading the drivers. Something like: ata1-master: DEVICE ATAPI time out.

Can you give us some advice on how to solve this problem?

Kind regards,

Maikel Lambregts

Silverstreet Active Media
Tivolistraat 6-28