QLogic Fiber Channel with isp.c

Matthew Jacob lydianconcepts at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 14:22:46 PDT 2005

Nearly always has to do with a lost frame, but sometimes buggy
firmware in targets.

The internal data engine has a count that doesn't then match up and
indicates a residual (often negative) that is not then marked in the
FCP RSPNS IU as being an underrun.

Many FC drivers ignore this issue, as there have been a number of
devices whose f/w doesn't correctly set the underrun flag.

I chose to believe it.