asr-utils not working with 5.3 release

Oliver Velten ovelten at gmx.de
Fri Apr 1 13:29:10 PST 2005

Hi,

I have set up a new system with a adaptec 2100S SCSI-Raid Card using Raid5
on

root at zeus:~> uname -a
FreeBSD zeus 5.3-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE #0: Sat Feb 19 22:49:13 CET
2005     root at zeus:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ZEUS  i386

I installed /usr/ports/sysutils/asr-utils

then did a

$ raidutil -L all

after a

$ ln -s asr0 rdpti0

and got a

Engine connect failed: COMPATILITY number

error message. After searching a little bit I found one open bug reports
about the same problem (ports/72520) but I know there is one more, that I
did not found.

My question is if there is somebody who has a adaptec scsi raid controller
similar to the 2100S up and running with 5.x and is using this asr-utils
port?
It would be great if I could get this port make work. If not do I have any
other option to monitor my raid set?

Best Regards,
Oliver

--