Adaptec 2410SA & aac question

Herve Boulouis amon at sockar.homeip.net
Thu Oct 21 09:37:28 PDT 2004

Hi,

I've got a 4.9 system with a new 2410SA card (latest firmware) with the
adaptec SATA disk enclosure. I've noticed that when I unplug a SATA disk
which is part of a RAID1 volume, the driver does not print the message
on the console saying that a disk has failed, like it does with other
aac based scsi raid controllers.

Using aaccli shows that the card has correctly detected the failure, and the
rebuild starts as normal when I plug the disk back (still no message on console
about the rebuild, though).

I have tried with the latest aac driver from 4-STABLE with same result.

Is this expected behaviour from the 2410SA or am I missing something ?

Regards,

--
Herve Boulouis