recommended RAID controllers

randall ehren randall at ucsb.edu
Wed Oct 6 17:00:06 PDT 2004

> Should I even think about 3Ware IDE or SATA RAID cards? (yeah, this is
> -scsi, but if I recall the 3Ware stuff is treated more like a scsi device)

TWO VOTES:
  adaptec based dell PERC controllers (if you're buying a dell)
  3Ware (whitebox computer)

  i have two 3Ware serial ata RAID-5 machines, the cards are great. web
interface for management, fully freebsd compliant.

  -randall

--
       randall s. ehren       :// 805.893.5632
        systems administrator :// isber.ucsb.edu