how "reformat" DLT IV tape from 20/40 to 40/80?

Palle Girgensohn girgen at pingpong.net
Tue Nov 23 22:15:42 GMT 2004

Hi!

I tried degaussing a tape, but the degaussed tape is not accepted by the
taper. The tape is ejected after about 30 s, the Media light flashes,
manual says:

  An inappropriate tape has been
  loaded into the drive. The tape
  should automatically eject.

Do I need to format the tape? I really doubt that, and how would I be able
to do that anyway if the tape is not accepted by the taper? Was it not
enough degaussed? Also seems odd, doesn't explain why the taper ejects the
tape?

Any ideas welcome!

Regards,
Palle

--On lördag, november 06, 2004 09.18.28 +0000 "Bjoern A. Zeeb"