kern/71778: 5.3 BETA3 doesnt see Adaptec 2015S FW Rev. 3B05, 2 ch, 256 CCBs, Protocol I2O while 4.10-RELEASE can use it

Leroy van Logchem leroy.vanlogchem at wldelft.nl
Wed Nov 3 07:40:25 PST 2004

The following reply was made to PR kern/71778; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Leroy van Logchem <leroy.vanlogchem at wldelft.nl>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit at freebsd.org, Leroy.vanLogchem at wldelft.nl
Subject: Re: kern/71778: 5.3 BETA3 doesnt see Adaptec 2015S FW Rev. 3B05,
 2 ch, 256 CCBs, Protocol I2O while 4.10-RELEASE can use it
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 16:32:40 +0100

 Tried to boot the 386 disc1 iso of FreeBSD-5.3-RC2. When using verbose
 booting the screen is filled with:

 (probe7:asr0:1:0:0): Request Command
 (probe7:asr0:1:0:0): Retrying Command

 These messages keep on being produced and the raid cabinets leds are
 very busy.
 The SCSI bios and BTX loader did see the drives just like RC1.