Recommended RAID controller

Chris Dillon cdillon at wolves.k12.mo.us
Tue May 4 16:57:46 PDT 2004

On Mon, 3 May 2004, Paul Saab wrote:

> Performance is pretty good and if there's a problem I would be happy
> to look into it.  Management for ciss should be coming in the next
> few months.

Good to hear the management apps are on their way.  I'm in the process
of ordering another HP server soon and would like to run FreeBSD on it
instead of Win2003 Server, using either the integrated SmartArray 5i
Plus or possibly a SmartArray 6402/128 instead.  I haven't yet figured
out how much disk horsepower serving up 2300 150MB home directories
via Samba to 300-500 concurrent users is going to require.  :-)

Now if we only had a management utility for mly...

--
 Chris Dillon - cdillon(at)wolves.k12.mo.us
 FreeBSD: The fastest, most open, and most stable OS on the planet

A: Why is putting a reply at the top of the message frowned upon?