Adaptec 2410SA starts doing this: aac0: COMMAND0xc551a7e8TIMEOUTAFTER 147 SECONDS (Modified by Chad Leigh -- Shire.NetLLC)

Scott Long scottl at freebsd.org
Thu Mar 18 23:26:54 PST 2004

In between 5.0 and 5.1 I put some serious work into the driver to make
it perform better.  Unfortunately, I opened up an edge case that would
result in a command being lost under extreme load.  It was very hard to
reproduce locally until I did some more performance work after 5.2.  I
finally made the driver so fast that I could reproduce the problem with
ease, which then allowed me to figure it out.  A band-aid went into
5.2.1, and the real fix (hopefully) is in 5.2-CURRENT.

Scott