Adaptec SCSI RAID 2230SLP and 5.2.1-RELEASE

Ray Gilstrap gilstrap at nren.nasa.gov
Thu Dec 23 02:42:48 PST 2004

Hi Scott,

Okay, the system is up and running with the change that you committed.
The kernel (5.3-STABLE) recognized the controller just fine and I was able
to do fdisk/bsdlabel/newfs/mount on aacd0.

I haven't done any meaningful performance testing yet...  I had started
playing with the (randomly chosen) Bonnie benchmark, but it reported
strange numbers that are apparently an allergic reaction to the large
amount of RAM in the machine.  Let me know if there are other tests that
you'd like me to run.  In the meantime, just having the array (a 3-disk
RAID 5) up and running is a great start.  Thanks again!

ray