IBM x345 + EXP400

J.Molinger j.molinger at chello.nl
Thu Aug 12 00:23:47 PDT 2004

Keep in mind that the ips driver can give you some trouble in the 5.2.1.
branch. The ips.h was wrong, so that the serveraid was not recoqnized. Use
the latest 5.2 current and then updated to 5.2.1 release, will keeping the
ips drivers from the current source.
Also important is that the ips driver doesn't support the scsi pass-through
bus. So if you use a tape drive (or LTO / DLTO etc) use the onboard
controller (LSI). The ServerRAID 6M is a hell of a card, very fast in RAID
5!!. Uses the latest Xscale processor from intel and has standard 256mb
battery-cache onboard.