IBM x335 onboard LSI 1020 (mpt) poor performance

Moore, Eric Dean Emoore at lsil.com
Thu Apr 15 13:36:17 PDT 2004

Would you be able to take a scsi bus trace to
see what the negotiated speed over the bus?
Also would you able to see when the driver
loads if the PPR(Parallel Protocal Request)
and WDTR(Wide data tranfer request) were issued
by the driver to both disk drives. If not, then
its possible your running at asyn narrow speeds
on one of the disk, which would be about 5-15 MB/sec.

Eric Moore
LSI Logic

6657.html
[2] http://news.gw.com/freebsd.scsi/3809