"Timedout SCB already complete. Interrupts may not be functioning."

Jos Backus jos at catnook.com
Fri Sep 12 09:46:15 PDT 2003

On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 04:44:38PM -0600, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:
> > I just replaced an Adaptec 19160 (which has been working fine for years in
> > this setup) with a 39160, and added a extra disk to the B channel on the
> > 39160. The 39160 has the latest BIOS revision, 3.10.0, and is left at its
> > default settings.
> >
> > With an August 24th kernel I am now seeing these:
> >
> > Sep 11 09:28:13 lizzy kernel: ahc1: Timedout SCB already complete. Interrupts
> > may not be functioning.
>
> You try to print out a diagnostic that says exactly what is going wrong,
> but people ignore it anyway... <sigh>

I am not ignoring the message, I simply wasn't sure how to interpret it
properly :) This cable and controller somebody gave me could have been faulty
perhaps.  Thanks for confirming that they're apparently functioning fine.

> Interrupts are not being routed correctly to the second funcion of
> your SCSI controller.  The A channel works - this is exactly the same
> INT line that your 19160 used.  The gods of interrupt routing may
> be able to tell you why the code is not handling this properly, but
> suffice to say, interrupts are not working!

That makes sense, as irq 4 is now also used for the B channel. I vainly tried
to disable COM1 in the BIOS but that didn't seem to help either. Nor did
disabling the sio device. So I'll send a message to -current now.

Thanks for your help Justin.

Cheers,
--
Jos Backus                       _/  _/_/_/      Sunnyvale, CA