More Adaptec 29320 + Seagate ST336607LW woes

ict technician ict at cardinalnewman.coventry.sch.uk
Fri Oct 17 02:13:34 PDT 2003

On Friday 17 October 2003 12:45 am, Gary Stanley wrote:
> This may be a long shot, but have you tried swapping out the drive with a
> replacement? It could be a faulty drive.

It's 4 new drives, a new controller and a new Adaptec certified cable.

So yes It could be a drive. With four there's four times the chance of a duff
one. However, I would expect Seatools to check the drive during the firmware
upgrade, so I'm making this a low probability.

Thanks anyway.

--
i j hart

ICT Technician
Cardinal Newman Catholic School & Community College