Andre Albsmeier - Seagate SCSI firmware program

Andre Albsmeier andre.albsmeier at siemens.com
Tue Oct 14 06:30:26 PDT 2003

On Mon, 13-Oct-2003 at 15:56:33 +0000, joe j wrote:
> Hi Andre,
>
> Saw the mailing list regarding the Seage ST318406LW firmware program
> available from you @
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-scsi/2003-March/000009.html
>
> just wanted to know what this program/utility actually does. I have this

It is just a tool for FreeBSD to upload the fw onto the drive. It does
not include the fw which has to be obtained from the device manufacturer
(Seagate in this case).

> drive but it does not seem to work correctly and wanted to know what i
> could do.

You should tell Seagate about your problems and if they send you
a new fw you can try uploading it to the drive using my tool.

	-Andre