SCSI, SMP, and Supermicro, problems!

David Raistrick drais at wow.atlasta.net
Wed Oct 8 13:44:25 PDT 2003

> You can try using the attached patch.  It removes the HTT option and
> HTT is on by default, but it halts the CPUs the same way that we do
> in current now.

John,

Thanks very much!  That patch, applied to 4.8-R's /sys, does the trick.
Both local CPUs are disabled, and the system seems stable so far.

I see you cc'd supermicro support, hopefully they'll be able to add this
to their FAQ...and perhaps they'll be able to find out where the problem
with HTT disabled lies, as well.

Once again this is in reference to the Supermicro SuperServer 6023P-8R
with the X5DP8-G2 motherboard and FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE.

Thanks!

...david

---
david raistrick