SCSI, SMP, and Supermicro, problems!

David Raistrick drais at wow.atlasta.net
Wed Oct 8 12:24:21 PDT 2003

> The machine booted, and ran, with no problems.  Hyperthreading was enabled
> in the bios, but disabled in the kernel (no options    HTT).
>  I rebooted, disabled HT in the bios, and attempted to boot again.
>
> This time around we were back to the old failure:
>
> Waiting 15 seconds for SCSI devices to settle

An update:  I added options HTT to the kernel and disabled HTT in the
bios.  System boots and runs fine, still with 4 CPUs.

I'd really like to be able to use this system /without/ HTT, but WITH
4.8-RELEASE.  (it's been suggested that in 5.1 I might have better luck,
being able to disable the additional CPUs.  Alas, my environment for this
server outright /requires/ 4.x.  4.8-R until we later move it to 4.9-R.

Anyone?

...david

---
david raistrick