AIC7899's 2 SCSI channels infect with each other in target

Justin T. Gibbs gibbs at scsiguy.com
Mon Oct 6 09:06:16 PDT 2003

> Dear Justin,
>
> you seem to be informed about AIC7899 specs.
> I was trying to find some technical documentation about that card but
> could't find anything. For sym53cxx one can download technical manuals from
> LSI logic site, what about adaptec cards? where do developers get that
> technical documentation?

The data books for the aic7xxx family of SCSI chips were available
at one time from a 1-800 document order line.  This practice stopped
in '96 or '97.  Before becoming an employee of Adaptec in 2000, Adaptec
supplied the documentation to me under a "Document only NDA" so that
Linux and FreeBSD could continue to have support for the Adaptec products.
If you have specific questions, I can answer them, but I cannot release
documents.

--
Justin