4.8-RELEASE, Ultra320 and SMP

Tom Munro Glass gentoo at tmgcon.com
Wed Oct 1 19:14:10 PDT 2003

Having followed the thread "SCSI, SMP, and Supermicro, problems!" this seems
to be yet another example of 4.8-R not running with Ultra320 and SMP. OK, in
this case it may be due a faulty motherboard, but there seem to be an awful
lot of messages about this type of problem.

Thanks Justin for confirming in another thread that Ultra320 should work with
4.8-R providing the drives have the latest firmware.

So is anyone out there actually using 4.8-R, Ultra320 and SMP? If so, what
hardware are you running it on? I've searched mailing lists and the web, and
I can't find any examples of this type of system. It seems to me that the
HARDWARE.TXT document would be much more useful if it contained a list of
motherboards/drives that are known to work, even though the list would never
be totally up to date.

Tom Munro Glass

"Looking forward to building my first FreeBSD server once I've bought hardware
that is known to work"