SCSI, SMP, and Supermicro, problems!

Don Bowman don at sandvine.com
Wed Oct 1 11:41:44 PDT 2003

From: David Raistrick [mailto:drais at wow.atlasta.net]
> > Since the above, I rebooted the system again...and for the
> first time I
> > have a running SMP system.
>
> ...which degraded into being hung right after I sent the last email:
>
> ahd0: Timedout SCB already complete. Interrupts may not be
> functioning.
>
> ahd0: Timedout SCB already complete. Interrupts may not be
> functioning.

Well, another suggestion has to do with the use of the APIC
and interrupt rotation.

I can't recall the exact details of this, we ended up adding
a 'options         UNSWIZZLE' to the kernel. This was specifically
for stuff behind a bridge. The problem was that BSD only
allowed 24 interrupts, and we had run out.

--don