Monitoring amr(4) RAID

Matt Barton matt at webexc.com
Wed Nov 19 12:49:46 PST 2003

Hello

Since I do not subscribe to this list, please reply to my e-mail directly,
as well as to the list (so that others can see your reply).  Thanks.

We're in the process of acquiring a used Dell 1550 with a PERC3/DCL card.
According to documentation, this controller is based on the AMI MegaRAID
product and is supported by the amr(4) driver.

With RAID controllers under ata(4), I can use atacontrol to query the RAID
controller to retrieve the status of a RAID container.  It'll tell me if it
is degraded, ready, etc; however, an obvious way to do this with the amr(4)
driver eludes me.

Is anyone able to monitor the status of a RAID in the operating system for
controllers using amr(4)?

Thank you in advance and please reply off-list.

--
Matt Barton
Webexcellence
matt at webexc.com