More Adaptec 29320 + Seagate ST336607LW woes

ict technician ict at cardinalnewman.coventry.sch.uk
Wed Nov 19 03:22:58 PST 2003

On Wednesday 19 November 2003 12:00 am, Arno wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > Ok. Got a panic with me present.
> >
> > [card dump]
> > panic: Waiting List traversal
>
> I see, since "ages" the same behaviour of "SEAGATE ST318436LW 0005"
> disks on 2940 an 29160 controllers, especially under "heavy" load
> (tar --blocking-factor=20480 copy data to and from ata-disk +
> tape-backup over ahc + dd on another scsi-disk ).
> Disabling Tagged Queueing makes them disappear.
> I also set correct terminaton in the adapter BIOS rather than
> automatic, but I doubt that is related.
> These are computation intensive lab servers.
>
> You might give it a try (if ever ST336607LW support tag-queuing ...)
>
> Arno

Have latest firmware, which should fix earlier problems. If there's a problem with
tags then hiding it won't get it fixed.

Were you able to generate a core dump? If we do have the same problem, then
two smoking guns are better than one.

--
i j hart

ICT Technician
Cardinal Newman Catholic School & Community College