performance problem with amr driver and Perc 2/SC

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Thu Nov 6 11:35:23 PST 2003

Prabhakaran, Rajesh wrote:

>   Even the data from our I/O performance analysis records shows similar
> figure.
>   PERC 2/SC(466) IO processor has no hardware XOR engine,so their will be
> performance lag for RAID 5.Hence adding RAM might not help, migrating to
> latest U320 controller, will significantly help.

Well, if I DO migrate to a new controller, I'll need to backup
my array and reconstruct/reformat it with the new controller, right?

So if I'm going to take the time to buy a new controller and reconstruct
my array, I might as well get a product that supports FreeBSD with array
monitoring and control command line utilities.

Does lsilogic offer FreeBSD monitoring and control utilities for the
U320 (or similar) controller?

And if so, what other controller have you offered in the past that will
make full use of my drives? I don't really need a u320 controller. I just
need a reliable, high performance SCSI 80 or 160 controller that does
RAID 5.

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,