Ongoing U320 AIC7902 Seagate ST318453LW issues, SCB timed out

Don Bowman don at sandvine.com
Wed Aug 6 11:50:05 PDT 2003

> From: Scott [mailto:scottl at pooker.samsco.home]

> > > It should be a cam tunable.
> >
> > Terse.  I think he means it should be "kern.cam.ahd%d.max_tags"
> >

> I'll go out on a limb and suggest 'kern.cam.da%d.max_tags" or
> something
> similar, as this will be useful for more than just the Adaptec chip.

OK, you guys are exceeding my knowledge :)

cam_sim_alloc() seems to be the fn that ahd_attach() calls
that sets this.

i can put the tunable in cam_sim_alloc. Now, what is da%d?
This can't be per device (e.g. da0) I don't think, it seems
to be global to the driver.
the name that i know @ this level is ahd0 etc,
i could put this in cam so that its

sprintf(name, "kern.cam.%s%d.max_tags", sim_name, unit)

and then it would work for any driver.

justin suggested e.g. scsi0 for the name there, where
would i get that info?

--don