Gitlab-Port: rubygems status

Torsten Zühlsdorff ports at toco-domains.de
Mon May 4 10:25:13 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

>> a college of me - Michael - volunteered for help. :) Therefore i've
>> added him to CC.

Done. :)

>> I've created an chart of all ruby-gem dependencies excluding the groups
>> "development" and "test":
>> http://ports.toco-domains.de/gitlab-gem-dependencies.html
>>
>> There are 96 dependencies in total.
>>
>> - 16 are not in the ports
>> - 9 are in the ports, but outdated
>> - 13 are in the ports, but more actual than allowed
>> - 58 are in the port and newer than needed -they should (!) be fine
>>
>> Until Monday i have no time to work on this stack of gems. I've already
>> created a patch for devel/rubygem-gitlab_git and its dependency
>> devel/rubygem-rugged. The bug-entries are linked in the list.
>>
>> If somebody of you decides to work on an entry, please write me an email
>> and i will register it (at Monday).
>>
>> I will continue my work next week.
>
> This week will see some of it committed, thanks already.

That's great news. Thanks :)

> Do please let us know if/when you have a completely ports-based GitLab installation running.

Currently there are 5 missing patches/new ports left to switch to
completely port-based GitLab.

I document the progress here:
http://ports.toco-domains.de/gitlab-gem-dependencies.html

> I tried that last year, but noticed some problems (e.g. with creating projects
> via WebUI that'd eventually make its way into the filesystem)

At the moment i have much to do; but i'm hopefully to test the
completely port-based GitLab at the end of the week. At least my working
schedule will allow me more work next week. :)

Greetings,
Torsten