ports/165525: Looks like sysutils/rubygem-bundler is broken on FreeBSD

Philip M. Gollucci pgollucci at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 18:00:30 UTC 2012

The following reply was made to PR ports/165525; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollucci at gmail.com>
To: Aldis Berjoza <graudeejs at gmail.com>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: ports/165525: Looks like sysutils/rubygem-bundler is broken on
 FreeBSD
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 17:59:45 +0000

 --------------enigDAC62C076B91616689357ED0

 > when I cd to rails project and run bundle install (even without rvm)
 > it will install everything in ./bundle-*
 >=20
 > There is no GEM_HOME or enything like that.
 >=20
 > it should install gems in system shouldn't it?
 >> How-To-Repeat:
 No, you need to set GEM_HOME or be the root user to install in the
 system.  Running it as your user correctly install in ~/.bundle

 --=20
 Philip M. Gollucci (pgollucci at p6m7g8.com) c: 703.336.9354
 Member,                           Apache Software Foundation
 Committer,                        FreeBSD Foundation
 Consultant,                       P6M7G8 Inc.
 Director Operations,              Ridecharge Inc.

 Work like you don't need the money,
 love like you'll never get hurt,
 and dance like nobody's watching.

 --------------enigDAC62C076B91616689357ED0