making Ruby 1.9 default

Eric freebsdlists-ruby at chillibear.com
Wed Mar 30 13:40:37 UTC 2011

> Please see the attached patch. This should get us past ruby-bdb and
> allow portupgrade to work with Ruby 1.9.
>
> Steve

I couldn't fetch from the source given in your patch:

 fetch: https://download.github.com/knu-ruby-bdb-v0.6.5-8-g6feba54.tar.gz:
Not Found

However I obtained a copy of that git commit thus:

 fetch -o /usr/ports/distfiles/ruby/knu-ruby-bdb-v0.6.5-8-g6feba54.tar.gz
http://github.com/knu/ruby-bdb/tarball/6feba54

I was then able build and install ruby-bdb without issue as long as I
specified 'NOPORTDOCS', since the docs appear to be incomplete in the source
I downloaded.

Portupgrade does then successfully build/install, although bombs out with:

/usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9/pkgmisc.rb:110:in `<module:LIBC>':
uninitialized constant DL::Importable (NameError)

When run.  I've not looked deeper yet, as ever other bits of life being
hectic!

My thanks to both you and Knu for all the effort on this.