making Ruby 1.9 default

Eric freebsdlists-ruby at chillibear.com
Sat Mar 26 16:57:12 UTC 2011

[SNIP lists]

> I'm going to be trying to see if I can update any of these to make them
> work with 1.9. If anyone is willing to help out, that would be great.
> Just wanted to get the list out there so people who are interested can
> lend a hand if they want. Some of them look rather old and specialized,
> so they may be candidates for deprecation if there is great interest in
> moving to 1.9, but so far there doesn't seem to be. Any input would be
> appreciated.
>
> Steve

I've quickly done three web pages listing those ports in Steve's lists which
have updates available (as determined by portscout), listed by maintainer.
There may be some further updates if the ports are now maintained on other
sites.

For the list of 'ports fail to build with Ruby 1.9':
  http://chillibear.com/freebsd/ruby19.html

For those marked as 'not building with 1.9':
  http://chillibear.com/freebsd/ruby19-notbuilding.html

For those dependent on one of the others:
  http://chillibear.com/freebsd/ruby19-dependent.html

Hopefully that might save a few minutes searching thorough the various port
information sources.  I'll leave the lists in place for a couple of months.

Regards

Eric