ports/158827: devel/rubygem-rdoc: fix compatibility with ruby 1.8

Frank Wall fw at moov.de
Thu Jul 14 15:50:11 UTC 2011

The following reply was made to PR ports/158827; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Frank Wall <fw at moov.de>
To: Stanislav Sedov <stas at FreeBSD.org>
Cc: <ruby at FreeBSD.org>, FreeBSD PR followup <bug-followup at FreeBSD.org>
Subject: Re: ports/158827: devel/rubygem-rdoc: fix compatibility with ruby 1.8
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 17:47:27 +0200

 On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 14:57:34 +0200, Frank Wall wrote:
 > Well, that's true. My mistake, I've only changed that line to "1.8"
 > and this really broke it. By simply removing the line it works like a
 > charm.

 Unfortunately, my tinderbox told me that the problem still exists.
 Though you can workaround it by calling `make install` twice. I
 guess this is why it did work for me on the second try.

 Take a look at the log:
 http://pastebin.com/jbcei4yq

 This takes me to the conclusion that we're still running into
 this kind of bootstrap problem that the NetBSD people also
 needed to fix for rdoc 3.6:
 http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.os.netbsd.devel.pkgsrc.cvs/157474

 $ uname -a
 FreeBSD 7.3-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 7.3-RELEASE-p2 #0: Mon Jul 12 19:23:19
 UTC 2010
 root at amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64
 $ pkg_info -xI ruby
 ruby+nopthreads-1.8.7.302,1 An object-oriented interpreted scripting
 language
 ruby18-bdb-0.6.6    Ruby interface to Sleepycat's Berkeley DB revision
 2 or lat
 ruby18-gems-1.7.2   Package management framework for the Ruby language
 rubygem-rdoc-3.6    RDoc produces HTML and command-line documentation
 for Ruby

 Thanks
 - Frank