Document: Realtime Scheduling in SunOS 5.0

Pedro F. Giffuni giffunip at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 6 23:37:22 PDT 2003

Hi;
I think it is a good idea to have this link in our archives:

Realtime Scheduling in SunOS 5.0 (1992), Sandeep Khanna, Michael Sebree, John
Zolnowsky

"We describe the fundamental mechanisms in SunOS 5.0 to provide realtime
scheduling functionality. Our primary goal was to provide bounded behavior for
dispatching or blocking threads. To achieve this goal we have modified the
kernel to be fully preemptive, guaranteeing dispatch after both synchronous and
asynchronous wakeups. We have also worked toward controlling priority inversion
in the kernel. The result is a kernel capable of delivering realtime scheduling
and bounded response to a large..."

http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/khanna92realtime.html

enjoy,

Pedro