network.subr _aliasN handling

dteske at FreeBSD.org dteske at FreeBSD.org
Mon Apr 14 01:52:02 UTC 2014

Merged.

stable/10: http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision <http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=264438> &revision=264438

stable/9: http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision <http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=264439> &revision=264439

--

Devin

From: Jason Hellenthal [mailto:jhellenthal at dataix.net]
Sent: Monday, April 7, 2014 4:08 PM
To: <dteske at FreeBSD.org>
Subject: Re: network.subr _aliasN handling

Looking forward to next week. Thanks again Devin. Nice work and well appreciated.

--

 Jason Hellenthal

 Voice: 95.30.17.6/616

 JJH48-ARIN

<dteske at FreeBSD.org <mailto:dteske at FreeBSD.org> > wrote

 in <04f701cf4c85$d1929680$74b7c380$@FreeBSD.org <mailto:04f701cf4c85$d1929680$74b7c380$@FreeBSD.org> >:

dt> But that wouldn't have deterred me. 30+ days of silence is

dt> equivalent to acceptance -- just that I had noticed that the patch

dt> could be expanded to include mdconfig{,2} scripts. Was going to

dt> wait a full day to see if anyone balked at the expansion to

dt> include mdconfig{,2} and then move forward.

I like the direction in general, but there are two more comments:

Committed change:
http://svnweb.freebsd.org/changeset/base/264243 <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v1/url?u=http://svnweb.freebsd.org/changeset/base/264243&k=%2FbkpAUdJWZuiTILCq%2FFnQg%3D%3D%0A&r=Mrjs6vR4%2Faj2Ns9%2FssHJjg%3D%3D%0A&m=nCkVJD3sB71bLCO89KfhessydlHDLYlcBpM4mCc%2BXM8%3D%0A&s=60d03d403a4934bb721c6733fba18054f5ee240934ef932d24e103a864a6870b>

1. sort(1) cannot be used [snip]

Problem solved.

Ended up beefing up the internal sort function (sort_lite()).
Gave it some more options and regression tested it against
several inputs and flags to always produce the same output
as sort(1).

2. Please put the normalization part into a function and use it in

   get_if_var(), too.  Adding another code for the same functionality

   makes maintenance difficult.

Aforementioned enhancements to address that included
in mentioned SVN r264243.
--
Devin