procname when ruby is used

Steve Wills swills at FreeBSD.org
Wed Aug 29 19:28:46 UTC 2012

Hi,

I've encountered a situation with an rc script that I'm not sure how to
solve. The issue is summarized well in this PR:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/170980

Basically, the "ruby" that's in use can vary because ruby 1.8 or ruby
1.9 may be used. There may be "ruby", "ruby18" or "ruby19" or perhaps
other things. There is a function in the bsd.ruby.mk that replaces the
shebang lines of ruby scripts, causing the issue in the PR (which I've
verified). I'm not sure how I can change the rc script to accommodate
the variance. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Steve