www/tomcat7 bug in rc.d startup script when clear_tmp_enable="YES"

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Tue Sep 6 20:01:46 UTC 2011

On 09/06/2011 12:57, Devin Teske wrote:

> [...]

Seriously?

> I was asking you if you think that there is a warranted need to add an "AFTER"
> feature which rcorder(8) currently lacks.

I understood the question. Do you understand the answer?

BUGS
     The “REQUIRE” keyword is misleading: It doesn't describe which daemons
     have to be running before a script will be started.  It describes which
     scripts must be placed before it in the dependency ordering.  For exam‐
     ple, if your script has a “REQUIRE” on “named”, it means the script
must
     be placed after the “named” script in the dependency ordering, not
neces‐
     sarily that it requires named(8) to be started or enabled.

			-- OK Go