afexists()

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jun 7 21:18:31 UTC 2011

On 06/01/2011 19:17, Hiroki Sato wrote:
> Doug Barton<dougb at FreeBSD.org>  wrote
>    in<4DE6D3C8.1050503 at FreeBSD.org>:
>
> do>  On 05/31/2011 21:04, Hiroki Sato wrote:
> do>  >    I think it would be great if it is possible to create a wrapper
> do>  >    function for testing and caching.  I expects testing kern.features.*
> do>  >    is likely added again to somewhere in rc.d scripts, and adding a long
> do>  >    lines of "[ -n ... ]&&   return 0; if sysctl...; fi" each time
> do>  >    degrades readability.
> do>
> do>  I think that's definitely an interesting idea, and I'd love to review
> do>  patches that implement it. :) Unfortunately I don't have time to do so
> do>  atm, and would prefer to focus on a specific case where a small
> do>  optimization leads to a big gain.
>
>   A patch is attached.

That's Ok as far as it goes, but what I thought you meant was something
a little more general for sysctl-related things. However since this has
most of the benefits of what I proposed, I don't object. My only request
is that you get either your patch or mine in sooner rather than later. :)

Doug

			-- OK Go